Nestle Recalls Nearly 3 Million Frozen Pizzas, Meals After Glass Found
Recall includes certain DiGiorno pizzas, Lean Cuisine dinners and Stouffer’s meals
Nestle USA voluntarily recalled 2.98 million individual frozen pizza and meal boxes after customers said they found pieces of glass in their food, according to a company statement. The recall includes four types of DiGiorno pizzas, five Lean Cuisine meals, four Stouffer's lasagnas and one Stouffer's spinach soufflé.
"The quality and safety of our products are the top priority for our company," said the company on its website. "We apologize to our retail customers and consumers and sincerely regret any inconvenience created by this recall. We are working with both the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture on this voluntary recall and will cooperate with them fully."
Nestle believes the glass shards may have come from the spinach used in the recalled products, but its investigation is ongoing. No injuries have been reported.
The following products have been recalled:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer's Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer's Chicken Lasagna
You can tell if a product is one that's been recalled by checking the production code, found on the side panel of the packaging, against this list of recalled products. Only the products listed are subject to recall.
The company asks consumers who may have purchased the products listed above to not consume them and to contact consumer service at 1-800-681-1676.
Like this article? Share it with friends by clicking the Facebook or Twitter button below. And don't forget to visit our Facebook page!